SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wjswecampbell

I reduced my electric bill by $ 120.00

wjswecampbell
17 years ago

First of all I live in Texas, Im sure that you all know how hot it can be here. I have a good ac and use it like theres no tomorrow. But last month my bill was $336.00. Needless to say I wasnt to shocked. It was August. But I decided to try to reduce my bill. That is of coarse money out the door. So here are a couple of the things that I did. I did as much of my laundry at night that I could. I used to live in California, where they did something called rolling blackouts.The electric companies asked their customers to do laundry and use major appliances after 7:00 pm. It reduces you bill. I unplug all appliances that I am not using. ie; toaster, electric can opener,microwave,tv's dvd player, radios etc..... I keep my computer printer off unless I am printing.... I don't just let my dryer run until it goes off. I have to run mine one and a half cycles....My kids started back to school so tv's off at 9:oo pm.... Constantly tell the kids to turn there lights off, they think that they need it on during the middle of the day.....I was running that ac at about 69 or 70 most of the time last month, I turned it up to 72 or 73...It is cooling off a little here so that helps....I run my dishwasher on the light cycle, why? because I wash the dishes before I let the dishwasher do it....well anyways my bill was 210.00 this month. KUDOS TO ME!!!! Soon my bill will be around 140.00. I don't use the heater much for the winter. GOOD LUCK TO ALL MY FRUGAL FRIENDS...

Comments (53)