SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

How to make 35 - 40% on your money ... guaranteed!

joyfulguy
17 years ago

Most of you don't have a home-based business, so most of the stuff that you buy isn't tax-deductible.

Most credit cards issued by stores charge 25 - 28% fees on account balances carried over the end of the billing period.

Since the money that we use to pay that bill is almost always after-tax money, if you are in about 25% income tax bracket, it's easy to figure your before-tax amount needed in order to have that after-tax 28% residue that you use to pay the bill.

Divide the 28 by three, which gives you slightly more than 9, then add the 9 to the 28 to get 37.

If you earn 36%, and have to pay 25% of that in tax, there goes 9%, leaving you with 27% to pay the credit card.

And some of you will be in higher than 25% income tax rate.

Not many banks that I know offer anything like that rate of interest (which, in Canada, is taxed at top rate).

Sorry, this guarantee only extends to amounts owing on store-issued credit (i.e. "debt") cards.

Regular credit ("debt") cards usually charge 15 - 18% on balances unpaid in the billing period, so the "guaranteed" rate of return on balances unpaid with them is somewhat lower - but still far above interest earned when you lend out your principal to earn interest through regular savings channels.

Just some food for thought.

ole joyful

Comments (22)

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994