SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mid_tn_mama

Sharing Frugal Wishlists with Friends

mid_tn_mama
20 years ago

I like to help my friends who are looking for particular items. They let me know something they are looking for at a good price or better yet, free and I'll keep my eyes open.

I also keep a list of things people regularly throw away that I am looking for. These are things that make life easier on the farm or in the garden--but not things I'd like to waste money on.

My list includes things like broken clay pots to put in the garden for toads and frogs (to eat the bad pests so I don't have to use pesticides). The pumpkins my friends use for decoration I save for seed, use for freezing pumpkin that I use throughout the year, and if they are rotting-- go to the chickens. Newman's own jars can be used for canning by me. Old sheets can be used in the garden for extending the garden after frost and to protect rows in the garden from pests. I'm always on the lookout for bagged leaves and grass for my compost. Old buckets with holes are still wonderful for hauling produce or carrying scraps to the animals. Old lightbulbs can be painted for Christmas tree ornaments, old baskets (if they are really bad can be painted) are used for gift baskets that I fill with homemade goodies. Extra measuring cups and spoons I use in every cannister--saves time when cooking. I'm always on the lookout for seeds and bulbs that are being shared. I always share whatever bounty I have with others...

What is on your list? Do you share your list? Do you save things for someone?

Comments (4)