Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stocking stuffers--or generic small gifts

Posted by mid_tn_mama (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 11, 03 at 10:08

I'll start another thread about homemade presents.

I'd like to know your tiny/small gift ideas. Our stockings are stuffed mostly with useful things or freebies. We look for coupons all year for certain items. Usually they have in them: medicated lip balm, toothpaste, toothbrush, scrunchies, hand cream, razor blades, a magazine, small flashlight, etc...

When school supplies are on sale in August and Sept. we buy lots of extras that go in the stockings. Scissors always disappear around here so everyone gets a pair of scissors! Same thing with tape.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stocking stuffers--or generic small gifts

I watch Avon catalogs for 69 cent lip balm and 99 cent tubes of hand cream. Our grocery store usually runs buy 1 get 1 free on bulk packages of gum and life savers....I break them up so that I can put one or two packages in each stocking. Also at grocery store...buy 1 get 1 on scented bath gels....I get enough for all the teen and adult girls.
Eckerds is great about having sales....I have purchased all sorts of candles, deco items, key rings, general makeup items, etc., for 50 cents or less. In the guys stockings, I also use cans of vienna sausages, tuna, sardines, etc., that I know that they like!!

o

Grandma loves jam and teas.....so she gets some special herb teas she wouldn't buy herself and also some small jars of various jams (usually baby jars recycled with the jam in). She likes to have a variety of toppings for her toast and doesn't like to have the bigger jars all opened taking up room in the fridge. Also "fridgies" those magnets for the fridge, shopping list pads (from dollar store - magnet mount for the fridge), book marks for book people, the odd handmade ornament..usually something small crocheted or knitted..for the seamstress in our lives...bobbins and a new seam ripper....Nothing is over 2 or 3 bucks in our stockings. Grandma also likes magazines and we will put some special one in for her to enjoy Christmas day.

o

I buy magazines for the kids -- PS2 and game type mags for my 10 year old son, American Girl for my 11 year old daughter. Consumables are always good (I'm not into clutter) -- candy, perfume, bubble bath type things.

DH likes scratch off lottery tickets!

o

If you haven't been to the dollar stores lately, they have a lot of great stuff.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here