SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jrdwyer

HE detergent cheaper at grocery store than 'Mega-Mart'

jrdwyer
14 years ago

I usually make it a point NOT to shop at a certain popular store that advertises everywhere these days about helping you save money. But because I was on the other side of town doing a couple of chores and needed a few things, I went in to the "Mega-Mart."

I purchased the "Mega-Mart" brand, large size, HE laundry detergent and guessed it was a good price because it was the lowest per unit cost of any HE detergent they sell. The next day I decided to check the price at our nearby grocery store for comparison. The grocery store's (regional chain) regular price for store brand HE was the same as "Mega-Mart." Because the grocery store has sales all the time and the price was marked 20% off, I picked up several bottles and made the decision to return the unused "Mega-Mart" product the next time I'm over on that side of town.

It seems that "Mega-Mart's" adverting about helping you save money is often FALSE. I guess I already knew that, but sometimes a person has to be beaten over the head several times to make it sink in.

Comments (6)