Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Disney: EVERYONE gets in free on their birthday in 2009

Posted by thriftyhobbit (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 26, 08 at 8:31

WOW! I couldn't believe it. Of course the Mouse is still going to make plenty of money on parking, the other family members, and over priced food.. but hey! Register your child's birthday (or whoever) and Disney will send you a free pass to either Disneyland or the Wonderful World of Disney theme parks.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.cheaptoday.com/deals/disney-theme-parks-free-on-your-birthday-in-2009/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Disney: EVERYONE gets in free on their birthday in 2009

all you have to do is afford the trip to either California or Florida!!!

o

I don't know about DisneyLand, but this offer wouldn't make much difference at DisneyWorld, unless you lived near enough that it made you go when you otherwise wouldn't have or if you were planning to go for only 2-3 days anyway. The way the Disney ticket prices are structured, Disney gets the big bulk of the money in the first three days on a multi-day ticket, and incremental days from Day 4 and on are only $3-$7 per day.

o

I went to Disney World many many years ago, with girlfriends. We were all young adults at the time. Even then, once was enough for me, and I've never had a desire to return to the tourist trap.

I'd take a day at the beach, a park, a bookstore, or great seafood restaurants over Disney any day now.

Sue...who no longer goes to or checks out 'tourist traps'

o

Chemocurl, I had exactly the opposite experience. I've spent my life avoiding tourist traps, doing "Europe Through the Back Door" traveling, trying to be a visitor rather than a tourist. Then I went to DisneyWorld last year and had a wonderful time. I think it was mostly because of the employees. I'd heard they were cheerful to the point of being automatons, but I didn't find that to be true. They *were* uniformly friendly and helpful.

I'm not one of those people who will go back every year, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

o

Am I the only one who sees the obvious here?

What of the many families who can't afford this? What a hard thing it is to tell your excited little kid who, with his "free ticket" in hand, doesn't understand now the concept of how the family is going to pay for the transportation, lodging, and everybody else's ticket.

Just another way marketers manipulate people. Get the kid hyped up about it, then watch the parent struggle with it.

o

No one is handing out free tickets. You have to register.

If the parents can't afford it, they should not sign their child up. And why get him/her excited about a trip that will not happen, free ticket or not? Sounds mean to me.

Parental responsibility....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here