Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Possible government, charitable foundation grants many issues

Posted by joyfulguy (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 03 at 20:27

I've received via internet some offers of e-books offering lists of some thousands of types of issues for which one may qualify for grants and gifts from a wide variety of government departments and quite a large number of charitable foundations.

Not being a U.S. person, I knew that such government grants were out of my league.

Many charitable foundations' offers are mainly for U.S. residents, as well.

My daughter, a U.S. resident and recently become unemployed, might have a larger interest.

I'm well aware that there's a great deal of hype surrounding much of the stuff offered as e-products and services via the internet.

Have some of you subscribed for the information on these subjects? Was the information helpful? Was there enough of it worthwhile to justify the investment?

Have some of you found that such information may be available at no cost (except time surfing) if one looks in the right places on the internet?

Is the search a major task?

Thanks for help that you may be able to offer.

Have a week that's memorable for happiness, worthwhile accomplishment - and some time with family and friends.

ole joyful (enjoying retirement)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Possible government, charitable foundation grants many issues

I'm not sure what all is offered out there. I just assume most of it is a scam and leave it at that. There is a person named Mathew or Matt Lesko who advertises books filled with free money on tv. I've always heard that there is money for grants, etc., that is never claimed. Out of curiousity, I've looked for them at the local library, but they are always checked out. I don't have the patience to put my name on the waiting list.

o
RE: Possible government, charitable foundation grants many issues

AdellaBedella,

My Grandma (who lived with us after Grandpa died, my Mom got sick, and who died in 1950) used to say,

"Patience is a virtue,
... possess it if you can,
seldom found in woman,
... never found in man".

Some patience in this case might pay off for you.

On a bit of a different topic, there are some people who set up the "foundmoney" system to alert people to money that may be owed to them that they aren't aware of.

Quite a bit of that info is available free - if one knows where to look.

But just how much more info they have to offer than we usually find at no cost (except surfing time) I don't know.

Good wishes.

joyful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here