SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Help me save some money buying a car, please

joyfulguy
18 years ago

Hi everyone,

Since my current car seems to have become addicted to needing repairs too frequently, I'm looking for a replacement.Current car, 1990 Dodge Colt 200 hatchback, 1.5 litre engine, standard transmission suits me just fine.

I bought it eight years ago, 87,000 mi. or so, about $2,600., now it has about 203,000 miles on it, so it doesn't owe me anything.

I prefer standard transmissions, as they get better gas mileage than automatics, and I like to coast downhill (when someone's not crawling up my exhaust pipe) and when signal lights turn yellow half a block or so ahead.

I looked at a standard sedan a while ago whose back seats fold forward, but prefer my hatchback, as I often carry son's paraphernalia for displays at festival, fairs, ribfests, etc. and can get a whole raft of stuff into the hatchback, much more than in a trunk that can be extended forward.

Don't care about air conditioning (more than about a dozen days a year).

Prefer a vehicle 5 - 7 years old, with low mileage, driven by a little old lady only on Sunday afternoons, etc.

You get the picture.

If some of you Canadians in this area know of someone with a vehicle for sale that might fit the bill, I would appreciate your letting me know.

Thanks a bunch.

I hope that you're enjoying your week - and that you have a great weekend.

ole joyful

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company