SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lexi7_gw

Warning about $15 discount

lexi7
15 years ago

A clerk at Sears promised a $15 discount on my purchase if I would apply for a Sears MasterCard, so I did. The receipt did not reflect the $15 discount, but she said it would be reflected on my statement. When the card arrived and I activated it, I checked the balance. Sure enough, the discount was not reflected, so I called the number on the card. I thought I was talking to Sears, but it was a big bank. The woman on the phone said I would have to contact Sears for the discount, so I called Sears. I did not get to talk to a manager, so I explained my problem to the woman who answered the phone. She was no help, but all managers were busy or gone to lunch (at 2:15 p.m.) I went to the store today. The lady at the register called some straw boss manager who told her first to tell me to call the card company. I finally heard her tell him that she did not know what to tell me. She then directed me to the straw boss office way in the back of the store in a warehouse. I waited awhile, but he never showed up. Finally, I told the woman in the office who was counting money and ignoring me to tell him that I do not need the $15 that bad and I would send the card back when the statement arrived. She did not seem to care. Generally, I got the feeling that nobody could do anything about it and nobody cared.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH