Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Current discussion of power blackout

Posted by joyfulguy (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 17, 03 at 16:34

in nationwide forum from 4 - 6 p.m. Sunday Aug 17 on Canada's national radio, CBC.

If you can tune them in over the air, you can hear and share.

Perhaps you can listen by tuning in www.cbc.ca.

There's a forum on the internet where people are sharing opinions at www.cbc.ca/checkup

As I mentioned in the thread about the possibility of a fellow's 400 lbs. of meat spoilng, I've borrowed a small generator to travel door to door in the outage area to generate for freezers and fridges - though hard to hook up furnace, because of direct links to power line.

I'm feeling that I'd like to build a network of local owners of generators and households/small stores with freezers who'll need that power in case of prolonged outages.

This large area outage is going to cost millions -we need to discuss how we can keep it from happening again.

And what we can do to be prepared for another such event.

Good wishes to you all for continued "enlightened" lifestyle.

ole joyful

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Current discussion of power blackout

If you go to www.cbc.ca/checkup and look in "Archive" you can see a number of messages that people posted on a forum while the nationwide radio discussion forum was in progress.

Quite a number of interesting ideas on a variety of other issues discussed in earlier weekly programs, as well.

Keep your kilowatt usage down, all!

ole joyful

o
RE: Current discussion of power blackout

Like your pun!!!!;O)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here