Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stock up on orange juice

Posted by AdellaBedella (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 15, 04 at 16:28

This hurricane affected the Florida crop. We probably won't be seeing these prices again for awhile. We went and bought 8 cans of the frozen stuff today.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stock up on orange juice

I don't know that you need to worry too much. The entire crop wasn't destroyed and in fact over the past few years more and more juice is coming in from Brazil and other South American sources. It's putting pressure on American growers because the supply is glutting the market.

(I live in Miami and love my OJ too, so I keep up on stories about it!)

o
RE: Stock up on orange juice

Since there was so much damage ... I was wondering whether I should buy some orange juice futures.

But if there's not going to be a shortage, probably not much possibility of profit.

Here's to your health, everyone ...

... at least, when we use orange juice, no worry about driving after (unless we drink a lot ... and they ain't no bathrooms along our route).

We old guys have to think about things like that.

Enjoy each day as it comes.

Who knows how many more any of us may have.

ole joyful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here