Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FREE Directory Assistance

Posted by chemocurl (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 9, 06 at 15:35

Can you believe it?

Snopes.com verifies that it is true!

I'm clipping this post, so I'll not forget it.

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
oops...here is the link

I had a senior moment there....

Here is a link that might be useful: Snopes.com

o
RE: FREE Directory Assistance

I have programmed this number into my cell phone and used them a couple of times. It's a good deal - you don't even get an ad all of the time.

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

o

I guess I could have at least provided the number.

it is 1 800-FREE411

OR

1-800 373-3411

Craft,
I enjoyed your blog, and aim to try the salmon thingy.

Sue

o

Or you could just go to one of the many websites like 411.com or switchboard.com that provide free directory assistance. They also do reverse lookups.

o

Thanks Jose,

I've got your wonderful clipped. I knew there were sites that did reverse lookups but didn't know what they were.

Sue

o

Whitepages.com has all of the links.

o

Whitepages.com and other web resources are great and I use them all of the time - at home. However, when you are on the road and don't have web access or an old fashion phone book, and you need to get a phone number, directory assistance is great. If its free, even better. Thanks for the tip.

o

I've been using 1 800-FREE411 since you posted it. Saving the charge for assistance is worth having to listen to the annoying (short) ads.

o

I don't even find the ads annoying. I've actually taken advantage of a few. To get free DS, it's worth every second. Every since my dh and I got rid of our landline we've cursed our provider for forcing us to decide which we needed more: the number or the dollar.
Free411 is awesome, if I might steal a phrase from my son. Get all your friends to use them so they'll be sure to stay in business.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here