Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is this true or not????

Posted by chery2 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 21, 04 at 10:15

I thought that if an item in a grocery store was labeled, say, 10/$1.00, and you only bought one, it should cost just ten cents. Yes or no? chery=va

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is this true or not????

It does depend on the store.

o

It's that way here in our stores. Not for you?

o

Depends on the store. Kroger used to have buy 1 get 1 free or 2/$1.00 items. If you bought only one item, they only charged half price. They went to if you only buy one item, they charged the full price. One day I bought a package of crackers and payed full price. I looked at my receipt after I got home and got mad. We lived really close so I came back the next day and made them give me my free box of crackers. I think dh and the front end manager thought I was probably crazy for that, but I felt like I had been ripped off.

o

In the stores where I shop, the price usually reads something like:

2/$5.00
$3.00 each

o

I find it to be the exception that the individual price holds even if you only buy one item.

Normally, the price is only valid when the quantity stated is actually purchased.

o

In my area it is an even split unless it is posted otherwise. The grocery stores with the scanners always come up even split. The other stores that do it the old way vary usually depending on who is working. (Small town, rural area and loving it!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here