SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bry84

What things can you recycle at home?

bry84
16 years ago

Many threads have covered this topic in some form or another, but it's also worthy of its own thread. Reducing waste is the most important thing, but when we do inevitably end up with some waste it's good to recycle it. I use our local recycling services a lot, but I prefer to recycle things at home where possible because then I get to use it again and save money.

In the reusing papers thread I mentioned that you can turn metal coffee cans in to BBQ lighting chimneys. We make compost from garden waste, and we do many other obvious things too like reusing plastic margarine tubs as lunch boxes and freezer containers, and glass jars to store things. Packaging materials like cardboard and plastic bubble wrap are saved and taken to a charity store where I work as they can be reused to pack mail ordered items. The actual money savings can't be easily counted, but surely when you have paid for the entire item including packaging it makes sense to use it all up where possible before throwing it away.

Are there any other things we can recycle at home?

Comments (6)