SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redring

cost corners (whear to find cuts)

redring
15 years ago

I find creative corners to cut in our costs. Its the only way my DH and I have been able to afford a home. Mine are mostly intertainment cost cutting but im sure others have good ideas too.

Dh and I read and we have started swaping books online with sites like papperback swap.

The same with movies. We watch , trade and request another through sites like swap dvd.

I also try freecycle for things I need befor I buy. You wouldent believe what you can find in your home that you never use and someone else needs and would love to have.

I go through jeans quickly and so buy most of mine from goodwill ect.

I shop Aldi and save-a-lot rather than Jewl, meijer, wall mart and buy only what I cant find at the two stores from the bigger name brand stores.

Dollar tree is wonderfull for cleaning suplies like sponges.

I make my own soap. I love doing it and homemade soap has lots of uses. It can even be used in the garden!!

I sloppy bank. If an item is anything over a dolar ammount $4.25 I round up $5.00 in the check book. I never miss the change and it adds up quick. Once I figure I have a good amount saved I balance my book and see what I actually have saved up. Its usually a good chunk of change that can be put tward a home project.

I shared mine dose anybody else have any good ones? I can always use more tips.

Comments (19)