SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cowboyind

Best Money Saving Tip For Me

cowboyind
20 years ago

A while back someone said this to me, and it's been the best money saving tip I've ever heard. Whenever you are thinking of buying something, first think of this: Imagine that for one hour you could walk around your house and touch any item in the house and magically turn it back into the money you spent to buy it. Most of us would have a VERY nice pile of cash after doing that for an hour, since we buy so many things that we either never use or just basically do not need.

Thinking about this before buying something can really cut down on impulse buying and "sport shopping" where a person buys something just to have something to do.

Another thing to do is look at the price of the item and then think of how much money you earn an hour, and compute in your mind roughly how many hours you had to work to buy that item. If you make $10 an hour and are looking at a $60 item, was it worth six hours of your life to have it? If so, get it. But often you realizze it is not worth that much of your time.

Ken

Comments (4)