Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sort of money-saving

Posted by kaye820 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 27, 13 at 18:26

I love keeping my staples in glass jars to keep them fresh longer, and I have several with the metal wire around the neck and a clamp thingy in front. One them has sprung its clamp and I want to replace it but I don't know what it is called. I hate having to use the word "thingy" because it sounds immature. Besides, I'm a savvy senior (and I'm not talking high school) who is for darned sure not immature. By the way "gizmo" and "widgit" are even worse. Thanks to all.
Kaye

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sort of money-saving

Google "French canning jars" --- is that what you mean? Try following the Amazon links and seeing if you can buy the parts separately. I know you can buy the rubber seals.

The proper term is thingamabob. ;0

o

My favorite word when I don't know what it is, is "dofunny". It's just a word we picked up in high school in the 60s.

o

It's called a jar bale or a latch.

o

You can find some replacement wire bales, and the hard-to-find rubber gaskets at the link below. I just hope you can find the right size. -Grainlady

Here is a link that might be useful: Replacement Parts

o

Ha, ha! When I saw the word "staples," I had a vision of metal staples that go into a stapler and was wondering about why you felt the need to keep them fresh.

o

I wasn't too sure of what they were called until I looked them up. SURPRISE!

When my wife and I were married in 1972 we got a canister set with these latches. Flour, Sugar, Coffee & Tea containers.

Believe it or not we still use them.

You see, we have the BEST money saving plan ever devised.

"Use it up, wear it out. Make it do, or do without."

These canisters have yet to think about wearing out.

o

Lol , I also had the thought upon seeing staples that it is for stapler thing . Anyways , hopefully you can find one . :)

o

Some people have small ones like that, about the size of a spice bottle, and use them for spices.

I have one with dill in it.

ole joyful

o

Christopher we also have a set of those jars. 4 sizes, no words on them, but they do have strawberries and green vines and leaves.

Got them as a wedding gift in 1981. Scoop my coffee out of one every morning.

There are many companies that using them on their sites,blog,news e.t.c (Make $2000+/Month)

This post was edited by DAVIDVD on Tue, May 27, 14 at 5:57

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here