SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
personspursuit

Save on Paper Towels

personspursuit
13 years ago

Here is a little tip I use in the kitchen to save a lot of paper towels. We used to buy them in the 8 pack rolls and go through the entire thing in about two weeks. Crazy. And paper towels are kind of expensive if you are constantly buying them.

About a year ago I was folding those little kitchen towels and had an idea. I brought over this little canvas bin/basket (?) filled it up and put it next to the kitchen sink. No more using paper towels for drying hands, wiping counters, cleaning up spills etc. We just grab a towel and when we are done using it, we throw it in the "dirty" bag under the sink. I throw them in the washer and they are ready to use again.

I have nice ones set aside to hang up but the ones in the bin are for everyday use. Of course there are times when it works better to use paper towels but by doing this simple thing, we go about two months without having to restock our supply.

Also, since we can't recycle paper towels let's reduce the use! There are green paper towels out there, hmmm maybe something to consider in the future.

Comments (12)