SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Rolling Stones Toronto Rocks Concert Wednesday July 30, at no fee

joyfulguy
20 years ago

Toronto Rocks Concert is going tomorrow, July 30 with The Rolling Stones, along with AC/DC, Rush, The Guess Who, Justin Timberlake, Blue Rodeo, The Tea Party, Sam Roberts, The Flaming Lips, Kathleen Edwards, The Isley Brothers, Sass Jordan, La Chicane and Jim Belushi-Dan Ackroyd and Have Love Will Travel Revue.

Tickets are going for $21. - 41.00 plus and afficionados began lining up Monday evening about 5 p.m. They say that there will be tickets for everyone desiring to attend, as they expect crowds of something around 400,000 or more - it's being held on the former military airfield in Toronto, where the youth celebration meeting the Pope was held last year. Come share the experience live if you choose.

The show begins at noon Wednesday, goes till midnight or so. Part is to be broadcast on Much Music in Canada and CBC television is carrying a number of related issues throughout the day. Several of CBC television and radio channels are carrying the show from 9 - 11 p.m., so some U.S. people who can get CBC radio or TV near the border may be able to catch the program. Much information available at www.cbc.ca/torontorocks - I think they'll carry the broadcast.

I don't know about U.S. media carrying the show or parts of it.

They say that U.S. military personnel overseas are going to be able to see it on at least parts of the military media. If some of you can email your loved ones abroad to let them know, it may be helpful, though they've probably heard announcements about it.

That's about all I know about it at the moment, but if some of you have questions, I'll try to get answers if I can.

By the way - I'm spending tomorrow evening having dinner and visit with my (currently retiring) farmer brother and SIL from the Prairies and my daughter from AZ, who's been in the area for a while, along with (local) son. My mother's family reunion takes place on Saturday.

Here's to more of the music of your choice in your life.

ole joyful

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH