Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Money Saving Popsicle Molds That Work!

Posted by jcmjcm (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 11:56

With a house full of kids home for the summer. I am looking for Popsicle molds that I can count on working. I also want the kids to eat what I make at home. The set I have, the kids say the Popsicle doesn't adhere to the stick top combo that it comes with. I just want something that works, thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Money Saving Popsicle Molds That Work!

Be sure to also try the Cooking Forum and The Kitchen Table Forum.

o

Didn't wanna cross post, thanks!

o

Go ahead. Those forums are where the Home Wizards hang out and will most likely have an answer for you.

o

I was looking for BPA-free molds on Amazon.com. and found a large variety from expensive stainless steel to stick-free push-up tubes made out of silicone. Maybe you can glean enough information from the review comments to help you out. Check the link below. If you find something that really works well for you, do come back and give us an up-date.

I like to use them for portion control and was looking for better molds than the ones I got at Wal-Mart; as well as looking for something that was BPA-free.

I know we shared a lot of recipes for popsicles over on the Cooking Forum before, but I don't recall if the discussion was about molds for them....

Homemade Fudgsicles are probably our favorites (they were introduced to the market when I was a kid), and I use a base mix called "Magic Mix", for making them. The recipe for "Magic Mix" was developed by the Utah State University Extension Service and can also be used to make pudding, gravy, cream of _______ soup and Pesto Alfredo Sauce. I make the mixture with powdered milk, cornstarch and coconut oil. It's one of my homemade "convenience" foods because these are home food storage ingredients, along with sugar (or substitute), cocoa, water and vanilla used to make the Fudgsicles.

-Grainlady

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon.com: BPA-free Popcicle Molds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here