SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joulesr4me

gotta save 50K/yr

joulesR4me
18 years ago

Hahahahahaha --- I know - NO WAY.

I hope you all welcome new "members" here --- as I have to be honest, I spend most of my time over on the Home Decor site (biting lip) and, over the past few years, very little time doing anything to conserve/save money. But, about a year ago I decided that I want to end my engineering career and pursue medicine. This is one big feat for an older gal, but I'm getting ready for the plunge if it should open up for me. What's mostly on my back are a few things --- my debt, my expenses and my collection of "stuff". I got some tips on how to start ridding my home of all this stuff, but haven't even made a dent in the money/savings dept (other than just thinking and fretting about it).

I'm not asking you all to do my homework for me - but I'm hoping you might have a few suggestions .... my main source of debt is home, auto, and credit card. I have lots of unnecessary expenses which I'm ready to back out of (eating out, home decor, clothes, cable, cell, etc). I have a good bit of savings --- probably a bit too much in my checking acct --- that should be put toward the Credit Cards --- but I just hate to see that balance decline! My home has a few things that really need fixing (HVAC, irrigation system, etc) but the rest of the cash that I have stashed away should probably but x-ferred to savings ($$ to do stuff like landscaping, new fixtures, cosmetic stuff). My auto is a huge big SUV that I'm way up-side down on. I need a vehicle that can accommodate a dog crate - but not one this big. Sooooooooo --- please - bring on the advice, questions, comments!!!! I wanna give up my full time job and return to school full time in two years --- and would love to do it w/o dipping into my 401K. Oh, and the spouse of an acquantance works at AG Edwards --- is this a source that I should tap into???

Comments (13)