SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Research project: How to recycle toilet paper ... (need help)

joyfulguy
20 years ago

Hi all,

When I needed to visit the bathroom while visiting my friend's home the other day, I was thus engaged for an extended period.

When I came out, they said that their son, who had needed to visit, had wondered whether I'd fallen down the hole.

I said that all he needed to do was knock - that I was involved in a research project, that I could have interrupted easily.

When they asked what it was, I said that I was in working out a way (ways) to recycle toilet paper.

They thought that rather humourous.

I thought it was a bit of inspiration, myself.

We need to cut down on all this garbage. Toronto is shipping theirs to a landfill almost 300 miles away, near Detroit.

Actually, they have a bathroom fairly well stocked with magazines, and I think that I must carry some glue on my fingers/the end of my nose, for they seem to stick to me.

Actually, I've been wondering whether I should have bought a home, as the amount of rent paid at the end of the year, with nothing to show for it, seems something of a waste.

A magazine geared to seniors had a long article on retirement communities, with costs of dozens of the ones available. When I considered the interest I'd need to pay on the price to buy one, or the cost to rent one, plus the community maintenance fees, plus taxes, I thought that I wasn't doing too badly where I am. It would be costing me more, in some of them - and in some, for less space - in several cases, all on one floor, though.

In many cases I would be counting almost entirely on making a capital gain when I sold the unit later - which is a pretty good possibility, of course.

Anyone have good ideas to offer with regard to the research project on recycling toilet paper?

I'm waiting to hear what they might be, as we can count on the knowledgeable people here to come up with answers to (almost) everything.

Don't disappoint me, gals/guys. What ideas can you offer?

Have a happy week, all.

ole joyful

Comments (14)