SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

First research result ... successful recycling of toilet paper

joyfulguy
20 years ago

Hi all,

When I served as a clergyperson, on several occasions while in attendance at a funeral home during visitation by family and friends following a death, I've heard many say, "What a shame - it seems as though the only time that we have a major family get-together is when someone dies!"

I've suggested to some that they consider our family's action. We recently celebrated our 105th annual family reunion, with usually just over a hundred of varying ages present: five years ago, about 425 came to our hundredth.

We had some new sports this year - in one, they had several teams of about 4, gave a roll of toilet paper to each team, with instructions to wrap one member like a mummy.

Did a pretty good job, too - after the crowd's applause for the team doing the best job, they unwrapped the subject, and a person that I'd thought had her face toward us was really facing the other way.

Later, when picking up my things prior to going home, I found a clear plastic bag with much of the discarded toilet paper sitting regally atop one of the garbage cans.

I thought, that toilet paper should still be in pretty good shape - I'll take it home and see how it works.

It's been working pretty well, so far.

I should get at least a month or two's service out of the contents of that bag - that was sitting in the garbage can.

Score one more for the recycling crowd!

Unfortunately - the project has only limited possibility of duplication throughout the country.

Recycling is useful - but it gets really useful when thousands/millions can do similar things, all across the country (and the world).

Enjoy your summer.

ole joyful

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz