Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
financial peace

Posted by CindyandMocha (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 26, 05 at 1:40

Has anyone else here read the book, "Financial Peace", by Dave Ramsey? Anyone else listen to his syndicated radio show? I confess that I was resistant at first, but after 14 yrs of marriage, DH and I both are now fans of his. If anyone else has access to his radio program on their local talk-radio channel, I highly recommend giving him a listen. He is not a "get rich quick" guru, but more of a "cut up your credit cards and have some common sense" kind of guy.

If you haven't done so yet, check out his website or google him and tell me what you think.
Anyone else a fan?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: financial peace

Huge fan. After listening to him on the radio I bought his book. Our church offers his program for financial planning. He has good common sense advice based on his own practical experience. Wish DH and I had been given his books when we were first starting out 18 years ago. I like his advice to "live like no one else so that you can live like no one else". Meaning, don't buy stuff you can't afford until you can afford to pay cash!

o

Janet, same here. I wish we'd been bigger fans when we first got married. We have been doing the debt snowball system ourselves and only have a little ways to go now. Every time we consider a big purchase (soooo tempting), I hear Dave's voice in the back of my head.

o

Some folks spoke approvingly of his ideas here a few months ago.

I've never heard him, myself, read his books or seen his study materials.

Common sense is common sense wherever one hears it.

The problem for many is in the implementation.

joyful guy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here