Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody using USDTV

Posted by patilrajashri (My Page) on
Mon, May 15, 06 at 23:36

Hi,
I am seeing this ad for USDTV(available only in certain areas). You have to get a spl equipment for that, which is available in WalMart. It says that u can get all the channels like HGTV,CNN and all local channels for $19.99(I think). I was thinking of getting that since to get HGTV and other like channels you have to pay $44. Has anybody used/using it? Do you like it? Your opinions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody using USDTV

I'll be watching this thread; I have a brick home and the cable people want a fortune for installation. There are also finished ceilings, etc. that would interfere with the installation on the inside. Don't want it that bad!

But a piece of equipment I could buy? Now, that I like!

o

I just Googled it and found their site. When I put in my zip code, it said it wasn't available in my area.

So now it is back to considering DISH's Family Pack, for $19.95. I'll have to check and see just what channels it includes first. There is no equipment to buy and no installation fee, but 'probably' requires a year's contract.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: USD TV site

o

When I attempt to reply to some of those offers, and try to enter a 6 digit/numeral Postal Code, (plus a space) they cut me off before I get to the end.

So I take it that they want only U.S.-originated business.

Leaving us guys in the northern climes ...

... out in the cold.

o j

o j

o

oj,

Possibly you could call them at the numbers listed on the link below, and get the scoop.

You suppose the US stands for United States?

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: To contact USDTV

o

Phone was answered.

They offer service only 4 midwestern cities.

Live in them - or you're out of luck.

Well, maybe not.

They're looking for service providers in many other cities.

If you're interested, send them your bona fides.

No doubt I'll be in that long-term hole in the ground before they get around to providing service in this area.

Oh, I forgot - I'm considering cremation: residue takes up less ground-space.

Question: If my kids scatter my remains on the garden ...

... could they be charged with cannibalism for eating their Dad???

(Did I say that??)

Have yourself a great week.

ole joyful

o

Your ash question seems like a good question for soil folks. Please let us know if/when you post it there...lol

I'd be interested in their replies.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Soil, Compost, and Mulch Forum

o

We subscribe to the local cable company and upon installation I demanded the least expensive package. After much hedging they finally gave up the goods. We pay 13 a month for basic basic, including discover, tlc, hgtv, foodtv, scifi, family, disney, tbs, tnt, etc. Not bad, right? We don't do outside movies or magazines, this satisfies both.

o

Jasileet,
Now thats a deal! But did they come and install anything or did they just use your existing cable connection?
And by local company do you mean USDTV or like Comcast, etc?
Thanks!

o

Hey Patilrajashri, It was Comcast. There was one line pre-existing and we added splitters ourselves. No box needed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here