Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT - Book of interest for some of you perhaps

Posted by budster (My Page) on
Tue, May 27, 08 at 19:17

I picked up a book at a local church sale last week that might interest some of you. It is called "Thrift Score" by Al Hoff and to give you a short blurb off the cover, "Scavenging for fun at thrift stores; where that kooky stuff came from, how to shop smart, and what crazy things you can do with it at home!" Now I admit it is no "Tightwad Gazette" or even close but it has proven to be a kooky, off beat read and yes even me a vetran thrifter learned to eye things from a different standpoint. It was just an interesting find and I've had a good time skimming through some of it....have to really wait until I have a break from my other reading to get into it. Just thought I'd pass the title along....perhaps your library can get you a copy....oh and I paid a whole nickel!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT - Book of interest for some of you perhaps

I looked, but didn't find that at the local library. It sounds interesting.

This is OT from your post, but I'll share it here anyway. I'm always on the lookout for new ideas and saving. I googled 'frualities' and came up with this blog. It has some interesting reading and ideas. Some of the ideas are things that we've previously discussed on this website, but with maybe a little spin. I like that she shares some of her recipes. I've always felt that a 'frugal cookbook' of how-to's would work wonders for people. Not everyone has the experience to be able to throw a little of this and a little of that together. Explicit instructions are better.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here