SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynic_gw

Target bag credit

cynic
14 years ago

Had a pleasant surprise at Target today. They are at the end of their April "Value Valley" promotional area where they get special deals on larger sizes of stuff. I had picked up a couple things there before because they were decent deals. But they're starting to put the Value Valley items on clearance so I picked up some things I didn't really need but at 30% off already good prices I figured it's a better return on my money than the banks give so I'll let it sit on the shelf for a while. I picked up some toilet paper, paper towels and dish soap. As I was checking out he handed me the towels and TP as usual then started putting the dish soap (the only other thing I had) into a bag and I told him that's OK, I don't need a bag. I was concentrating a bit because I heard two "beeps" on the dish soap and I was concerned about being double charged. He was saying something that I'd get a discount for not taking the bag. He was hard to understand because of his accent so I didn't think too much about it and when he handed me the receipt he said there, 50¢ discount for not taking the bag. I didn't think it could possibly be a half-buck so I said thanks, took my stuff and started away, looking at the receipt to make sure I 1) didn't get overcharged for the clearance stuff; and 2) didn't get double charged for the Dawn. Sure enough there it was "Bag credit $.50"! I was shocked! And very pleased. Made good deals even better. Have no idea what the policy is or the criteria to get it, or for how long this will happen, but I'm going to pass on the bags at Target from now on. Even carry my own. Now that I have the ones I got from Rainbow! I'll have to ask someone about it next time I'm there. Usually I ask for the handle type paper bags but for 50¢, I can live without them.

Comments (2)