Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Price of Gas in your town

Posted by bonelady (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 07 at 14:42

Let's check in when we fill up with the date and the price per gal and the town and state.

5/22/07 3.59.9 Des Plaines, IL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Price of Gas in your town

$3.35.9 Monday, May 21, 2007 Duluth, MN. No drop in any traffic here yet, though.

o

Monday May 21
$3.099/gallon
Westmoreland County PA

o

St. Paul, Minnesota: most typically $3.299/gallon for gasoline, $2.849/gallon for diesel. But I won't have to fill up (with diesel) for another 2-3 weeks yet. :-)

o

3.69 5/22 Oak Park, IL. Heard on the news last night that Chicago area gas is the highest in the country because IL has higher pollution control standards for gasoline than other states. Never heard that before...but it could be plausible.

o

greater Milwaukee: 3.59 most places today 5/22

o

CA$1.104 per litre, multiply by 3.85 to change to U.S. gals., divide by .92 to change to USD, as Canadian Dollar hit 92 cents U.S. yesterday, first time since '78 or so.

U.S. people who bought CA$1.00 three or four years ago could have paid about US$0.69, maybe a bit less. Now, that CA$1.00 would buy U.S.$0.92 (30% gain) ... in addition to whatever it had earned in the meantime.

Canadian oil and gas stocks have done well, as have mining stocks. Banks, also - we only have about 6, nationwide, so they're a pretty solid investment ... and have gone up nicely in recent years.

Some years ago, the major Canadian market average was above DJIA 30 Industrials, then it was lower for some time, now it's higher again - it was 14,000 a couple of days ago ... it's mainly resource stocks.

The guy who recently retired at 34 wrote recently in what I claim to be Canada's best personal money management magazine that he was paying more for gas at the pump, yes ... but he didn't mind, as he has several oil and gas stocks, and they've been going up even more ... plus make a nice annual payout.

They claim that there's more petroleum in Canada's oil sands than in Saudi (plus ... it's closer ... plus more secure).

But it takes a lot of processing to get it out of the sand and ready for comsumption. Which is expensive, both in terms of use of energy, plus produces a lot of pollutants, plus financially - but they break even at about $20. - 25./bbl.

ole joyful

o

Regular $3.279 to $3.299 in my town, Kings Park ,Long Island, NY.

o

$3.03 a gallon today in Anchorage, Alaska.

o

Kern County, Ca. Still hovering around $3.55 here in the Kern River Valley. $3.29 in Bakersfield, down from $3.59 just last friday.

I noticed yesterday as I drove by the lake that camp grounds around the lake are not full yet! Usually they are full by midweek before a 3 day weekend.

o

3/22 - $2.89 per gallon in NJ. I'm as shocked as anyone that we're the lowest in the country - but we do have all those refineries in North Jersey.

o

Prices around here vary widely over just a few miles. (At the time of posting, $2.979 to $3.499 for unleaded) This shows the high and low in the area as reported by volunteers.

o

Milwaukee paper today says here is "among the highest in the country at 3.50". Huh. Dumb me, I paid 3.59.

o

Finnie--we, (NJ) have the lowest gas prices in the country right now--it's been touted constantly on the news for the past couple of weeks.

The reason is only partly the refineries--it's mostly because our state gasoline taxes are some of the lowest in the country.

Shall we make them all green? Our 2.90/gallon gasoline comes with FULL SERVICE--always. It's illegal to pump your own in NJ. We don't even get out of the car to pay. Pretty good deal.

o

$3.49 Waukesha County on Wednesday. $3.59 Milwaukee County today.

o

In NE Texas it got up to 3.07 the begining of this week now all the stations are around 2.95 and lower WalMart was 2.91

o

5/29. $3.62.9 In Palatine, IL . They say it went DOWN .01 cent.

o

Azzalea - I'm so used to the way we have it here in our state, I forgot that the others pay more AND have to pump their own gas. But, lest we forget, we are paying the highest car ins and property taxes in the country, so we do have our "crosses" to bear.

o

5/29 3.32/gal (regular) Port Townsend, WA (we pump our own gas)

o

3.39 this time in Milwaukee area. Down 20 cents from two weks ago.

o

I think most cities have a "xxxxxgasprices.com" web site.

Seems that any city can have up to a $.50 range from high to low.

o

6/7/07 $3.58.9 in Palatine, Il. I was in Chicgo last week-end and saw $3.99.9 !!!!

o

The gas stations in my town are charging $3.12 per gallon for reg. unleaded, York Maine. We go to Portsmouth, NH and get it at the BJ's station for $2.89 or $2.99 per gallon. I heard gas prices were supposed to start coming down shortly. That I'll believe when it happens! NancyLouise

o

Thursday June 6/7
$2.999/gallon
Westmoreland County PA

Except.... I got my fill-up (and two gas cans filled) for $1.20 LESS per gallon through a grocery store promotion!! YAY!

o

Whoops! Guess I'll have to eat my words...just drove past the gas station. The price has gone down. It is now $3.09 NancyLouise

o

Here in the UK petrol is around $7.60 a gallon at the moment.

However, European cars are generally more efficient so our average cost per km is not as bad as the cost per gallon might suggest.

o

bry84, how much is diesel fuel in the UK right now?

o

$0.998/litre in Kitchener yesterday.

$1.015/litre here in London, yesterday and today (maybe variations within the cent).

Multiply that by 3.85 and divide by .94?? (maybe .93??) to calculate for change to U.S. gals. and USDollars.

I'd guess about $3.25.

ole joyful

o
RE: Price of Gas in your town about now

Wrong calculation above - just under $4.00/US gal., or slightly over $4.00.

ole joyful

o

Steve_o, diesel is slightly more per liter, a few pence more most places, but it isn't greatly different.

o

And Americans whine so loudly when the price of fuel here creeps up to $3.50 per gallon (approx. €0.70 per liter)...

o

We are still the highest in nation @3.50 in Chicago

o

$3.90/gal, PEI, Canada

We also have a regulated pricing system... price can only change on the 1st and 15th of the month, with an independant commission setting the price

o

$2.88 Monday Stuart FL

o

"i been teaching my mom aboat the benefits of supreme"
There are no benefits to supreme.... most engines are made to run optimally on lower octane.

o

In my town LPG gas is very costly around around 10 $ ...per cylinder ..in cylinder there is 5 k of gas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here