SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mid_tn_mama

Kid's clothes tips

mid_tn_mama
20 years ago

I'm picking up tops/capris/pants and skirts now for as little as $3 at walmart this week. Some are plus sizes but it took me two minutes to take in the sides a little on them.

I do buy some clothes at more expensive places (usually on sale) like old navy, but they are only the things to round out what we need, special things to make the kids happy, etc..

Storing this for new school clothes in the fall.

As I clean out outgrown clothes--the best ones are sold at yard sale, the next best go to goodwill after stains are removed. Those that are too bad for goodwill are used as rags (often throwaways) so I don't spend money on paper towels.

Before they are put in the rag box, the elastic, zippers, buttons are removed and saved. These are used for mending and for projects the kids do at home or scouts. They make doll clothes, quilts, etc.. out of these.

For that matter, I make scrap quilts out of the best fabric.

One of the best saving tips I have is that I've taught kids to wet, soap and scrub their stains as soon as they happen so that by the time they hit the washer a day or two later the stain has not set. That has saved ALOT of money.

Lastly, I try not to wash pants skirts that are not dirty--like a skirt worn for an hour for church. Saves wear and tear on the clothes, not to mention electricity, water and detergent.

What are your best tips.... (yes, this has been covered, but each time a someone adds something new or a new reader hops in--please be kind!)

Comments (5)