Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I saved a little yesterday (restaurant tip)

Posted by Kathy_ (My Page) on
Sun, May 18, 03 at 9:04

Went to a church auction yesterday and paid $11 for a gift certificate for $20 for a restaurant where we are meeting his relatives today. A church cookbook was thrown in too.
I also bought a gift certificate for a steakhouse we love. Paid $8 for 2 dinner buffets. My brother in law bought a coupon for a free Dairy Queen cake for $8 ($14 value and his son has a birthday coming up). You might want to check out local charity auctions in your area if you want to buy some bargains. There were plenty of cheap pizza coupons too but we are trying to eat healthy. A greenhouse donated some beautiful hangin baskets. There is another auction in the fall and this time I am taking more money. Once in a while it is nice to eat out and better to save a little doing it. Kathy_PA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I saved a little yesterday (restaurant tip)

Our church garden committee has a Valentines Day spagetti dinner & silent auction. We have gotten some great bargains at the auction - oil change for $10, 4 treatment lawn service for $40 (the lawn service man told DH it is $160 worth of treatments for a lawn our size!), 4 minor league baseball game tickets for $10, a really nice watch for $10, a hand made quartz braclet for $12 - there are more but I can't think of them.

We LOVE this event and NEVER miss it. Plus, the food is great & they feed the kids in the Sunday School rooms with adult attendants so the parents can enjoy a Valentines dinner alone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here