SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharlee_gw

' Summer Low Cost Entertainment Ideas? '

sharlee
16 years ago

Was speaking with a friend recently who wanted me to go to the coast with her. I mentioned that I really couldn't afford that right now & told her of some things I enjoy locally without the expense.

Farmer's Mkts: buy organic, having fresh fruit (strawberries are coming on now) & veggies. Most sellers have samples to try. Always entertainment to enjoy besides the "people watching". Today went with another friend & it was so much fun as it's within walking distance from my condo. Can always learn more about plants & flowers from the growers as they love to give their advice. Tomorrow, going on Mother's Day with my daughter to another one by the river as she understands my love of finding new plants & herbs. Guess we're picking up my son for his first time going even though his business is within walking distance. It's a good social time besides enjoying the crops & supporting the growers. A way to become involved in the community as there is always a booth with the city planners available. Be good for son's business, also, so hope he finds it a little more exciting than he anticipates.

The library by the river will have noon outdoor concerts starting next month, so will look forward to those. Used to walk to both but now live in another area where this library has indoor concerts, but can still walk to it. There is a jazz festival each summer where I can walk....

of course, the tickets are about $20 for an all day event, but Chris Botti was here last year.

Another fun thing right now is watching grandson's baseball games which are a 15min drive. Take a picnic. In the Fall one boy plays where I can walk a trail across the street to the field. That was a real bonus last year after I moved here....15miles from former home.

More to come...

Sharlee

Comments (5)

Sponsored
SparkWise Electric (aka Max Electric)
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Expert Electricians for Electric Service and Lighting