Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
beware of scammers who destroy good products

Posted by computerservices (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 3, 08 at 23:30

This is in regards to the suspicious Canadain dealer for Magic Jack. I have a local computer business in Ma. I support a wide variety of customers whom share technology and information with one another. Most of my clients network information together. For example one of my clients came from oversees and had exposed me to the magic jack device. I found the biggest problem with this device could be software related with the computer. If your computer has software issues then magic jack could have problems. However magic jack works fine and is excellent. Make sure your protection and softwares are not slowing down your process. Also have at least a netzero dsl that moves at 1.4 mb a sec or more to use this product.
As far as the canadian dealer who works with magic jack. Be careful. In the past few months I have discovered that most viruses and scams are coming from texas, canada and arizona. The scammers feed off half truths and set up a lie to decieve. If you wish to find where this canadian dealer lives. INstall Firefox, remove internet explorer, disable all explorer related access . This might sound techy but works. Now after you install firefox, go to the site and put the add on shazou. its a tracer. It will give you detail information on his server, no matter where he lives. For example the server is currently at Cerritos, CA , IH Networks.
I could probably get more for you. but ill stop there. Take care, Ps be careful of the following satalite on pc sites, full tilt poker sites, and others like these. Most are all scams
ccds

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: beware of scammers who destroy good products

Sure, whatever you say.

o

Hi computer services,

Welcome on having registered on Apr. 3, 2008 - hope you enjoy this site.

You like Magic Jack?

You don't like Magic Jack?

Or is it the dealer?

Jes' wonderin'.

ole joyful

o

Ok, I'll play too. I too am just as confused as OJ is in the post above.

As far as the Canadian dealer who works with magic jack. Be careful.
Ok...so if I go with it, I should just go with a US dealer then...huh?

Also have at least a netzero dsl
ok...so netzero dsl is not available in my area. Are you saying it will not work with the hundreds, maybe thousands of other high speed ISPs?

The scammers feed off half truths and set up a lie to decieve.
I tend to see a LOT of that, especially on the 'net.

remove internet explorer, disable all explorer related access
So you are saying just delete it totally...never getting any Windows updates or anything? FYI...there are some things that can only be downloaded via IE. I sure won't be uninstalling my IE.

You might want to run a bunch of this stuff by The Computer Help forum. I think it might make for a great debate...well it might even make a great debate at Hot Topics Forum.

All I can really tell from what you posted here and in the other thread, is a bunch of confusion. You might want to try and get some of your info in understandable form via the link below.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Computer Help Forum

o

Speaking of a scammer...sheesh.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here