Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jerry Baker money saving idea books

Posted by Sunny3 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 03 at 20:59

Anybody read any of Jerry Baker's books on money saving ideas or old time home remedies? I was just on his website the other day and noticed the books. Are they as good as the Tightwad Gazette books?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jerry Baker money saving idea books

I don't know if this is the same Jerry Baker that does the gardening books and TV shows but, if it is, I don't reccommend him.

o

Yes, it is the same JB who has the gardening books. I can't tell too much about them from his website...

o

Yes, I have some of his books and I recommend them. He has a very natural approach to gardening and i have used alot of his ideas with much success. You have to be a junior chemist tho!!! For example, there is a houseplant tonic that calls for ammonia, whiskey, plant food, etc. a little of this and a little of that......works pretty good for me tho! I think it's all a matter of preference. Maybe you could find a used book of his on ebay or Amazon, try it that way. Good luck!

o

I have some Jerry Baker books (well, more like "booklets" as they are real thin.) My main complaint is he tends to think everyone lives in Michigan or where ever it is he is from. He doesn't seem to gear for all climates. Also, unless you use whiskey or some of the other items he calls for, by the time you buy these other ingredients the savings just isn't really there. Just my opinion.

Brenda

o

Hi bouncer,

If you can't find a use for the left-over whiskey, I wouldn't be surprised if some of your neighbours could help you out.

That's what we're here for - to help one another make better use of everything.

ole joyfyul

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here