Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden time...........

Posted by budster (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 08 at 20:02

Just decided to use all those old sets of chopsticks which come free with takeout dinners out to the garden to mark my rows of various vegetables. Yes I know sticks and such work just as well or you can make some but these were handy and hey taking up some room in the junk drawer. Well it works for me.........and what do you use those old chopsticks for? I've read of people making knitting needles from them... and for goofy bun holders(this is for the ladies naturally)...and a kids party activity...they made flags and decorated a backyard with them (didn't last but kept the kids busy). Of course I am sure some of us don't do "chinese take-out" but it was just something I thought I'd ask......so what do you use them for...besides eating I mean! Budster

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden time...........

I've used them for crafts. I cut them into small pieces instead of using dowel rods. I've also seen them painted white and made into snowmen.

o

Chop sticks make great seed planters--just poke a hole in the starting mix and plant a seed! I use them to hold down newspaper tents for recently transplanted seedlings. A chopstick right by the seedling to keep the newspaper from smashing the plant, and one at each corner of the newspaper as pegs. I never learned to use chopsticks properly for eating, but as a gardening aid, they're great!

o

This spring, after a storm, I noticed my beloved (favorite) plants, three bleeding hearts (dicentras) were laying down. I had no chopsticks or popsicle sticks around, so I propped them up with some double-pointed knitting needles. I love knitting, but I love my flowering plants even more!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here