SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_2_4_gw

Ridiculous Regulations on Shipping/Credit Card Orders

mom_2_4
20 years ago

I am so upset I could just scream! This is not a money saving tip -- because it's costing me more money.

I placed an order online for a birthday gift to be shipped directly to the recipient in another state. I get a call from the vendor telling me that the order is held up because the "bill to" on my credit/debit card does not match the "ship to" address and that I needed to call my bank to have an "alternate shipping" address added to my account.

Well, my bank tells me that an alternate shipping address can't be added to a credit/debit card. They told me that this policy was to prevent credit card fraud. Excuse me ... I could be wrong ... but I identified myself in every which way but the number of TP sheets I use -- and it is MY CARD! But I can't order the gift unless I have it shipped to my "bill to" address. WHAT????

I understand the philosophy behind it, but it sure makes it difficult for those of us who are honest. I am just furious! So, I have to have this stuff shipped to me, then reship it. Crazy. Just crazy.

Oh -- here's the kicker! My bank told me that I can have the address on my account temporarily changed to the recipient of the gift's address, then change it back. WHAT? I don't think so!

Has anyone else experienced this craziness? Thanks for letting me vent!

Comments (13)