Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amazon.com

Posted by lucille (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 17:59

I just found out that one can buy cases of stuff like paper towels on Amazon.com. Does anyone buy paper goods or grocery supplies from them and is it worthwhile? They offered a coupon that you could 'clip' by just clicking on it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amazon.com

It all depends on the shipping costs.

o

My son and DIL buy Pampers on Amazon. They belong to Amazon Prime (I think that's what it's called) and so they don't have to pay shipping.

o

For a lot of items if your total is over I think $49, shipping is free.

o

Nope... super saver shipping starts at $25, IF the purchase qualifies.

o

I use the subscribe and save option for several itms that are priced similar or lower than my regular local store. I considered paper towels, but the box my 20 pack Scott's TP comes in is big, the paper towel box must be huge! I also have an Amazon reward cc, so I earn triple points on anything suppled by Amazon, and can redeem points at check out.

Sure a few things might be a buck or two more in some cases, but considering the convenience vs waiting until I both have time to go buy something and remember I need to buy it, totally worth it. I'm too cheap to let much more than that slide though, even on something i only buy 2-3 times a year, so I'm careful about what I opt to buy online.

o

If you order 5 or more subscribe and save items you get a 15% discount on the order. Delivery for subscribe and save items is always free. Amazon has digital coupons that can be clipped as well. This month my total is $23 for 4 boxes of dishmachine detergent, 48 double rolls of Charmin tp. These all had digital coupons and a 15% discount.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here