SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jonsgirl_gw

Store wouldn't let me 'stack' coupons

jonsgirl
15 years ago

Does this sound right because I've never had it happen before...

I had a coupon for a free can of Pantene hair spray if you bought any bottle of shampoo AND a bottle of conditioner.

I had another coupon for $3 off when you bought a LARGE bottle of Pantene shampoo AND conditioner. With me? The cashier took off the first coupon for the free hair spray then told me I couldn't use the second coupon. I asked why, she said I already used one and I could only get one 'deal'. I pointed out they were coupons for different items and she told me I 'had' to pay full price for the shampoo and conditioner to get the free hair spray. I am easily embarassed and there were people behind me so I said ok, I'll just use that one another time. I took my things out to the car and it was bugging me, so I went back in to the service counter, showed them my receipt and my coupon, told her what the cashier said and asked if that was right. She went over to the cashier, got the coupon I redeemed, came back and studied everything for a while and then said it was correct and I could not use the other coupon. She explained I would be doubling up on an already free item. ????? I said I could understand if I was trying to use a $3 coupon on the already free hair spray, but this was for the shampoo and conditioner...she still would not take the coupon. Has this ever happened to any of you before? I was tempted to just return everything and ask for my coupon back because I know I have done this at Target without a problem. I wasn't try to pull a fast one on them...what do you think? Was the store right to refuse the coupon?

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths