Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coupons in Sunday Paper

Posted by adellabedella (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 5, 09 at 11:09

I'm making this as a new post because there were forum posters recently wanting to know how to get into coupons. You may want to check out todays Sunday paper. Today my newspaper had six or seven different coupon inserts. Usually, there are only two or three inserts at most. There were some decent coupons in there for laundry, hygiene, food, etc. I know there are people here who don't use these type of coupons because they make home cleaning supplies from scratch or don't buy any prepared foods. For people who do buy these type of items, there were a few coupons for more basic type items.

The local small town newspapers don't usually carry as many inserts, but if you'll buy a newspaper with a larger circulation such as the state or metro area newspaper, you may get lucky.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coupons in Sunday Paper

Yep, lots of coupons in todays paper!! I do a coupon swap with one of my friends, we each made a list of our top ten coveted coupons and we didn't have any in common, so we send each other an envelope with a stash of coupons about every other week. It works out great because her kids are smaller so she's into all the diapers, wipes etc. And she lives in an area that still doubles coupons so sometimes I send her coupons that I know will be more valuable to her.

o

One thing to be aware of, at least around here the out-of-town version of the major Sunday paper does not have all the coupon inserts the in-town versions have. Don't know why, but I know a number of people who get the paper out of town and even when I've bought the paper out of town it's lacking.

o

cynic - I can tell you why. Inserts are sold and managed as an ad except that the buyer can specify what zip codes they want the insert to be placed into so that they can target where their ad dollars are going. Some papers have limited insert tweaking but others offer intense control, down to the neighborhood.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here