SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adellabedella_usa

Spending Etiquette

Adella Bedella
15 years ago

I came this article on my startup page this morning. It's about money related matters that are no longer proper to talk about because of the recession. The article itself is ok and some is irrelevant to my lifestle. I thought what was interesting was the discussion of the economy's effect (or is that affect) on socializing with other people.

I love that we can come here and discuss things to reduce spending or spend more effectively on the things we do want to buy. It's harder to do that in real life. It does affect friendships. I know I have a neighbor down the street who sees me buying new things for my house and thinks we have lots of money. She doesn't realize that dh and I didn't buy anything other than needs for ten years and are just now in the last couple of years replacing the furniture or tvs that we've had since before we were married. Or that the new curtains I bought after I painted are actually thermal backed and I waited until I found them at 50% off and they are coming with me if we move.

I thought the idea behind the article was interesting. I was wondering if anyone else has felt an impact because of decisions you have made on how to spend or not spend your money.

Here is a link that might be useful: Avoiding Faux Pas in a Recession

Comments (15)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH