Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free or low cost meds--GardenMomma this is for you

Posted by EricaSJ (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 6, 05 at 10:42

Hi, thought I'd post this separately to make it easier to find later on...

There are several ways to get free or low-cost prescriptions, usually with income limits and often subsidized by the drug companies themselves rather than the government. These are some websites to find them. I'm sure there's a lot of overlap, but there's probably info on one site that's not on another:

www.needymeds.com
www.pparx.org
www.rx4nj.org (for NJ residents only)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free or low cost meds--GardenMomma this is for you

That's very helpful information but I know someone who not only can't afford the medicine but also can't afford a doctor to prescribe it.

Any advice on finding a doctor when you are not earning enough money and are not offered health care?

o

Thanks Erica, I wll be sure to check those sites out.

Maria, we're in OH, our county has dr. & dentist that uses a sliding fee scale, meaning they will go by on how much your income is. Maybe there is one in your area. You may be able to find out by contacting county health dept..

o

She did call around in Texas, where she is crashing at her friend's mother's house. They said in order to get to go to a clinic, she would have to fill in forms and add her friend's salary and his mother's salary to any money she gets. I suppose it would be better for her to live on the street but then they'd probably say that she has no address. This is lose/lose for her.

o

Hey Erica, I found a free presription plan through our state for discounted prescription drugs, came into effect Jan '05. You must be 60 & over or if under 60, monthly family income not be over their set income limits, have had no prescription drug coverage including third party ins from employer or insurer. There is no application or enrollment fees...Thanks for idea....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here