SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Your experiences with paid consumer surveys??

joyfulguy
21 years ago

Hello, all,

This is not precisely a topic related to saving money - sorry to be somewhat off topic.

I think that it is related, though.

I've taken part for a while in a couple of consumer research agencies who ask consumers to participate in surveys to provide guidance to manufacturers and retailers, etc. with a view to improving their products or services.

Some of them hold draws, often quarterly, where one or a few participants get a prize of say $1,000., or a few get $100. each, etc. Pretty thin chance of being a beneficiary.

I've heard that some offer payment for each survey completed, focus group participated in, etc.

I hear that some also offer (small) compensation for each survey done by someone that I recommend - and (smaller still) by someone that that person recommends.

I recently received one offer (sent a number of times) offering to give me the names of a number of such agencies - for a fee of US$30. plus.

If some of you have had experience with such situations, I'm interested what results you had and how you feel about them.

I wonder also whether you've come to the conclusion that some peddle your name to sales groups who then spam you with their offers.

I'm trying to gather somewhat more information than merely with a view to participating in them myself. Maybe should set up a website where I charge people a (small) fee for such a list - you know me: I'm not a greedy guy.

Thanks in advance for your input.

joyful guy/Ed.

Comments (23)