SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paint_chips

Tip for 'Scotch-Brite' brand scouring pads *very* inexpensively

paint_chips
16 years ago

I usually don't post in this forum. Normally you can find me in the Decorating forum, but I wanted to share a tip.

The green ScotchBrite scrubby sponges are very expensive in my grocery store. They are a few dollars for a couple small sponges. Because I toss them frequently after they loose their tooth or when I feel they have become unsanitary, I went looking for other options. Off-brands didn't work as well for me. They didn't scrub as well or last as long.

In Home Depot, usually in the cleaning section, one can find a giant pack of SHEETS of Scotch-Brite scouring pads. It is called "Commercial Sized". The sheets are 6" X 9" and a package comes with 8 sheets!

I cut each sheet with sissors into 6 regular sized pads, so the entire package makes 48 pads. But I usually cut them even smaller to get 64 or 80 from one package, or into multiple sizes so I don't waste a big sponge on a little job.

The price at Home Depot for this large package of sheets is only 2 or 3 dollars more than those small packages of only 3 or 4 that we were buying at the grocery store.

I really hope this tip helps someone! It is such a simple way to save quite a bit of money while still getting a great working product. I am just so excited that they are REAL Scotch-Brite (even their green color with their logo printed on them in white, exactly like at the grocery store), a brand that works the best for me.

Comments (10)