Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Supermarket Comparison Shopping Sites

Posted by Marie26 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 12, 05 at 1:48

I have searched but could not find any comparison shopping sites for supermarkets. Does anyone know if there are any? Besides those supermarkets that offer home delivery, do any others give prices for all of their products (besides the ads) online?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Supermarket Comparison Shopping Sites

Hi, I haven't found any but that would be great...I have gotten to know the timing, the price (OR close) to the items I purchase most.

o

Your question had me "googling" ....and I found a link that is interesting because it makes so much sense. It isn't a comparison list as you requested - I cannot fathom anyone doing that - except in some limited geographical areas....simply because we do not have the same grocery stores across the land.

Anyway - here is the link - Hope it gives you some ideas on how to deal w/ the issue.

Vicki

Here is a link that might be useful: How to comparison shop

o

With retiring on my mind my DH & I do the "coupon clipping" here on the West coast. I'm just beginning to do this & it's a game. Of course, yesterday went to Albertson's to get ice cream on sale & forgot I also had a .50 coupon. Well, today the new ads are in affect & it looks like Albertson's still has the better deals.

This is fun & gives hope for saving more on groceries. By the way, do you have Grocery Outlet in your areas?

Sharlee

o

Creating a price book would be what you need. It takes a while but you will see the same items on sale after a specific time.....different stores....over and over again. Your price book will reflect which store has the better offer and use your coupons then too.

You can always ask someone in the specific department when the item is due to go on sale. I do this at the meat counter a lot.

Found this link on a quick search. I'm sure there are a lot more out there too.

HTH,
Wings

Here is a link that might be useful: create a price book

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here