Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Money saving Tips? Found this searching info about my cable tv...

Posted by cathie54 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 16, 07 at 21:57

I have been fighting with my cable tv provider for about 3 years now. It's a really long story - but recently they've done even more to make me really (upset)!

I was searching for others who have been going thru similar problems. I also was trying to find out if there have been any class action suits against them (doubt it! duh!)

I jst cannot believe how big companies can get away with the stuff they do! (OK, I beleive it - but WHY are they allowed to get away with it?)
If I robbed a bank or stole a car - wouldn't that be grand theft? or something big?
Many of these companies do this every single day to millions of people on a MUCH larger scale than me stealing a car! I sickens me.

You all know how we have that National Smoke-Out Day - or whatever it's called?

I was thinking we should have a "National cancel you cable tv day" - (or week - because it takes a LONG time to get thru to a live person! LOL!!!)

I came across this site a couple days ago.

I want to STRESS the fact that I am no way affiliated with these people. I do NOT want to turn this into a POLITICAL ARGUMENT - and I have no political affiliation. PLEASE let's not talk politics here!

I am just fed up with outragous prices, bad service, bad quality, customer "disservice", etc.

Altho the sight is ovbiously political in nature, I thought there were some good tips about SAVING MONEY on there. And that is the ONLY reason why I am providing this info!

It's very long, and, of course I have barely only skimmed the top of all the posts. If I had the time, I'd read it all, and only pick out the Money Saving ideas. But I don't have that kind of time to spend on such a project!

"The Campaign to Starve the Beast" is the title.

"http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=2600099&mesg_id=2600099"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Money saving Tips? Found this searching info about my cable t

Hi Cathie,

Sounds like the cable co sure has you upset.

Is Satellite an alternative? The cost of cable and alternatives have been discussed here b4...I just did a search on cable tv, and there may be some suggestion found.

It is against the rules here to link to another message board similar to the one here. Compare that to linking to Jenny Craig from a Weight Watchers Board, (or linking to that 'other' gardening site from here....so your post 'may' disappear...they do that from time to time.

If you would like to get a hot political debate going right here on this site, you might stop by the Hot Topics Forum. Things of that nature are allowed there.

Sue...who has had some frustration with Satellite TV

Here is a link that might be useful: Hot Topics Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here