SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peace2usuezq

This will save money and the environment

peace2usuezq
18 years ago

I would like to share my idea for earth day. I am hoping to get everyone in the world to do this. It really could work and it is so simple. We could make a significant impact on global warming all at once if we co-ordinate. It is my hope that everyone will send this letter to every news paper, conservationist organization, school, college, friend, family member and business.

You have my permission to copy this or print it and use however you see fit.

If every family in the United States replaced one regular light bulb with an energy-saving model, we could reduce global warming pollution by more than 90 billion pounds, the same as taking 7.5 million cars off the road. So, replace your incandescent bulbs with more efficient compact fluorescents, which now come in all shapes and sizes. You'll be doing your share to cut back on heat-trapping pollution and you'll save money on your electric bills and light bulbs.

I learned this information at The Union of Concerned Scientists web site. It is a great resource and I highly recommend it.

My idea is simple lets all change bulbs for earth day. These bulbs are so inexpensive now you can get three for under 8$. I am calling on all businesses that sell the bulbs to donate some and put more of them on sale the week of earth day. NYSEG and the other power companies can help too.

For large corporations they could make tax deductible donations of the compact fluorescent bulbs to social service agencies. This way people who need to save on their energy bills would be helped and they would not have to spend money they need for living expenses. The companies would help the environment and needy families and get a tax break, a win win situation all the way around.

Real change can not come from the government. Real change is made by us THE PEOPLE doing what needs to be done. Your politics do not matter. Preventing global warming is something that needs to be done and that we can act on. Just do an internet search on the subject if you think I am overstating the issue. You will be as concerned as I am.

My plans great merit is its simplicity. We can change the course of events on our planet. This is our job all of us not just a companies or a politicians responsibility. YOURS MINE OURS. The only way to really stop global warming is act. As for everyone out there that thinks they do not have to act that their one action does not

After seeing 60 minuets this week it really scared me and I thought about how I could make a difference.

The segment was about NASA top scientist James Hason being prevented from reporting his findings about global warming because the Bush administration would not allow it. He believes that if we do not correct global warming within the next 10 years, we will never be able to recover. We will reach a tipping point that we will not be able to change. He is not the only scientist who is making this claim. The Bush administration will not let him speak about this. What makes this scientist extremely credible in my eyes is that he refused to state the problem was worse than it was during the Clinton administration. Now the Bush administration would have him downplay the seriousness of global warming. Please read this article it is eye opening.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/17/60minutes/main1415985.shtml

A study in the US journal Science suggests a threshold triggering a rise in sea level of several metres could be reached before the end of the century.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4834806.stm

Real change can not come from the government. Real change is made by us THE PEOPLE doing what needs to be done. Your politics do not matter preventing global warming is something that needs to be done and that we can act on. We only have ten years folks.

The United States is the largest producer of greenhouse gases and unlike other countries, who are making an effort at reducing greenhouse gases, our production has increased dramatically.

My plans great merit is its simplicity. We can change the course of events on our planet. This is our job all of us not just a companies or a politicians responsibility. YOURS MINE OURS. The only way to really stop global warming is act.

As for everyone out there that thinks they do not have to act that their one action does not matter. Please remember every raindrop believes it was not responsible for the flood.

As I said in the beginning of this letter I will be sending it to everyone and anyone I can. Please help me to forward it. Write to companies such as GE, Sylvania, NYSEG ect. And to our legislators help me spread the word.

Feel free to email me with ideas or questions at noglobalwarming@yahoo.com

Sue

Comments (2)