Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Donated Items - fair market value

Posted by whazzup (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 8, 03 at 17:09

I saw a post somewhere in these forums about a website that would help you compute the value of donated clothing to charity. I believe the comments were that this particular website or software was recognized by the Internal Revenue Service. Anybody recall or know of such a site? Thanks -

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Donated Items - fair market value 2

Ya know what... I do that from time to time. I post a message and then I think to go back into my Favorites on my toolbar :) So I found it if anyone else is interested. Sorry for the interruption!

Here is a link that might be useful: BATS

o
RE: Donated Items - fair market value

We use "It's Deductible" which is a great software program, which can be updated each year, as prices go up. They give you fair prices on your donations and have it set up where you can log them for proof if you ever got audited. It was only about $15 or $20 I believe. Well worth it.

Brenda

o
RE: Donated Items - fair market value

Whazzup,
Thank you so much for the link. When I had my taxes done, my CPA told me that the Salvation Army should have a list you could look at giving you prices. He said I was estimating too low. I appreciate this link so much.
Kathy G in MI

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here