SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jonsgirl_gw

Easter Baskets

jonsgirl
14 years ago

I was wondering what money saving tips anyone has for making Easter baskets...For the last few years I have been making just one 'family' basket for the dining room table. I make sure everyone has their favorite candy in there and then fill in with jelly beans and chocolates and we all pick at it until its gone. This has worked out great as my kids are older and no longer do the egg hunts etc...

This year I wanted to do something different because my oldest daughter is going to college and living in another state so I started watching for things I know she likes but is too cheap to buy herself. I got her and her sister each a bottle of lotion from Bath&Body on sale and with a coupon. I got them each an Intuition razor on sale, with a store coupon, and a regular coupon making them almost free.

I was never one to do the big toys and things people would do for Easter baskets, we usually just made candy baskets. But like I said, my kids are older and don't really need or want all that candy. In fact I'm sure they would be fine if I just stopped doing the baskets alltogether, but I enjoy making them and am having fun finding great items on the cheap.

I don't buy cheap candy though, I may just buy less of it. I never understood why my mom would fill our baskets with stuff we hated that would just get thrown out (like those hard candy shell marshmallow eggs). I watch Walgreens and CVS and can get good candy just as cheap or almost as cheap as store brand.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your ideas for making baskets for your kids, I've really enjoyed reading these money saving threads!

Thanks~

jonsgirl

Comments (18)