SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy__gw

Gripe of the day

kathy_
21 years ago

I get so tired of people trying too "rip off" the elderly. I have a very gullible aunt (with 3 watchful daughters). Well a man came to her door with a freezer on his truck and said he had to sell it that day because someone made a cancellation. He said it was a great deal and she believed him and wrote a check. He said if she wanted to cancel to call the number on the receipt. Well she tried and of course the number had been disconnected. Then her very wise daughter called the bank and cancelled the check and they waited. Didn't take long for a phone call to come to them and they made the man take everything back. The same guy has been doing this throughout this area - always with the same story.

Well Tuesday same aunt gets a phone call about a contest. She told the people what appliances she had. A few days later another daughter was sitting there when the call came in and the lady said her Mom had won $500 worth of free food and it would be delivered today. Why do I think she will need a bigger freezer? Well they will be met by a daughter who will protect her Mom. I hope there is a special place these crooks go when they die and get their just rewards. Kathy

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations