SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silver2_gw

fluorescent day light bulbs

silver2
17 years ago

I do believe can save you quite a bit of money. I replaced most of my light bulbs over a year ago with this type of bulb. That was one consistant change I made in my household. The other was the purchase of a wringer washer, which I used for a good portion of the summer and into the fall. The third thing I did, was every chance I got I hung clothes to dry outside on the clothesline to dry instead of using the dryer. The payoff on these three changes was my budget light bill went from 189 per month to 154.

The daylight bulbs gave a much better light, whiter and cleaner looking than the regular bulbs. I think the major part of this savings was in the change of the light bulbs.

As during this time, my DS, who was living with me, seemed to use the washer and dryer more, as they were freed up because I was using the wringer and hanging. Her loads became smaller and more frequent. So I really have to attribute the savings to the use of the bulbs. Plus they last so much longer, it is a real treat not to have to change bulbs as often.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH