SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindamarie_gw

Hubby must have lost his mind

lindamarie
15 years ago

Last June he got BMW LOAN without discussion,

gave his son a $1700 washer and dryer, bought a $1600 laptop, moved out for 2 months, had all his teeth removed, got a I phone, etc. Now that he

is back home living paycheck to paycheck. He got a secret $5000 loan to have money in his pocket. He says to boost his checking account.

I can see how stupid all this is. He does not get it. I have begged him to return the rest of the loan money to the bank, he refuses. The bills that I had set up to be automatically drafted are still being paid. He has some outstanding medical bills. Nothoing that would reqquire a loan.Indeed, he gave $1000 of the loan money to a Church we do not attend. He is not giving me money regularly for food or gas. Yet he eats here 4 nights a week.

I do have some savings that I intend to use to replace a kitchen and bath that are totally gutted. I may have to do that in stages. He points his

finger at me that I have money. I want to fix the house so he can't do that and to make it more resonabily comfortable to live in.

I see that he thinks he can waste his money because I can temporarily bail him out. He also needs to win over me and falsely show that he is the man in power. All foolishness. I try to keep my mouth shut and let him make his own mistakes, but this time I am numb. He does not see how this affects our marriage. He tells me I am paranoid and he will take care of it.

I had to pay the homeowners insurance out of my savings. Last week I found out that he bounced the property tax check. That was 6 weeks late.

I am looking for advise from anyone that has gone through this with a spouse.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms